Thursday, January 27, 2011

Giving Your Daytime Digs Some Style

Hi friends!

Sorry for the month-long hiatus. I've been spending quite a bit of time in the office over the past few weeks and just haven't been terribly motivated to do much else when I get home. I've also been drinking immature amounts of hot chocolate from my over sized mug with an identity crisis (are you sure I'm a mug? I might be a bowl) and trying to brave the arctic weather in DC.


Speaking of offices, it's nice to add a few personal touches to your office. After all, you spend 8+ hours there, so you should enjoy the setting. The girls next door to me have a lovely display of paper snowflakes and a white board on which they can display their lovely handwriting, even if it's just a to-do list. Another girl in the office has a Paris in a bag block set on her desk.

Last week I was looking at Martha Stewart paint chips at Home Depot and thinking about ways to use them for things other than deciding on a paint color. I grabbed a bunch of the green/blue/turquoise chips and a few grey ones, put them in my purse, and forgot that they were there until I got to work on Monday. After a particularly long day, I decided to put the paint samples up on my bulletin board to brighten my room and give myself something to do that involved prettiness and immediate gratification.

This is what I ended up with:


I actually had three Benjamin Moore paint samples on my bulletin board before while I was trying to decide what color to paint my room, so I cut each color out and mixed them with the rectangular Martha Stewart paint samples to a little more geometric interest. Fun and free, and a nice complement to my graphic West Elm monthly calendar.

This project made me temporarily obsessed with the all the other things I could do with paint samples. Make a cool notebook cover? DIY art? Think of the possibilities.

I'll be back soon with details on some recent changes to my room that I'm pretty excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...