Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Friday!

I can't believe the last time I talked to you guys was almost a month ago. I was overwhelmed by the positive encouragement I received through the blog and through facebook comments. It's so nice to know y'all are rooting for me! I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate it.

School has been going well. I'm in three classes: Intro to Interior Design, AutoCAD 1, and Color Theory (all of which anyone in the DC area can take through the Corcoran continuing education program, b-t-dubs). Intro to ID and AutoCAD haven't been tough so far, since my degree in urban planning gave me a little experience in drafting and learning different computer programs. Color Theory is on a whole different level, and I'm loving every minute of it. It's challenging me to think in ways I've never thought before and verbalize thought processes I've had but never really paid much attention to.

This was my homework. How cool is that?

Over the course of the semester I'm going to try and give you some tidbits that I've learned. Of course I have to be careful not to divulge the whole course to you, but I think it will help me grasp concepts better when I force myself to explain some of them to you.

Hmmm....what else is there to tell you?

Oh yes, I am continuing to work while I'm in school, but I'm only doing 30 hours instead of 40. It's a bit of a financial strain, but it's also a huge relief to have my Fridays off to get school work done and run errands, since I am working and in class from 9 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. Tuesday - Thursday.

I'm hoping that having an entire day off in combination with fall setting in (which is the best painting weather) will also allow me to crank out some more furniture projects, so look for those in my shop soon.

So there's a little update for you. I'm working on two little projects today, which I hope to write about this evening and hopefully post over the weekend or sometime next week. What's new with you guys? Any other savvy young somethings taking the plunge into a different field? Starting school? Making major life changes?

And totally unrelated, have you seen the amazing tumblr #myfriendsaremarried? It's AWESOME. And so accurate. Don't worry, even if you're in a long term relationship/engaged/married, you will find plenty to relate to. It will make your Friday. This one is one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...