Thursday, May 16, 2013

Come See Me at Lucketts this Weekend!


It's been a while since I last posted because things have gotten a little crazy around here, but I wanted to drop in quickly and let you all know that I will be selling at the Lucketts Spring market again this year.

It's kind of late notice since the market is this Saturday and Sunday, but if you are headed to the market, definitely come by and see me! I'm in the same spot that I was in last year, under a big old tree and backed up to the parking field near the back gate. I'm going to try to make a sing Friday night so that it's a little more obvious than last year.

Last year, the second I got my envelope I started hoarding furniture. This year I had to deal with school and a busy work schedule, so I couldn't start acquiring things until later. Once again, Fiona Fit has pulled through for me and hauled tons of furniture.




 I'm using chalk paint and milk paint exclusively on my stuff this year so that I can crank out pieces a little faster than if I used Benjamin Moore Advance paint like last year. I feel like I have no furniture when I tally it all up but in reality I think I'll struggle to fit it all in my space. I'll have many items there, including: two dressers, three nightstands, a waterfall vanity, two drop leaf tables, a hallway table, two desks, cane-back arm chairs on casters,  balloon back chairs, and at least four end tables. I'll also have small items like little china plates, brass decorative items, and many telephone insulators.



I'll have a few aqua and mint pieces that would look great in the kiddos' rooms, but in general my palette is a lot more neutral than my stuff was last year. I love bright colors, but I also have more appreciation for subtle neutrals now, and I want people to be able to take something home without worrying that it will completely clash with their room.

Here's the info:

Saturday and Sunday, May 18 & 19

Hours: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm both days

Admission: $7

42350 Lucketts Road, Leesburg, VA

If you want to snag the best stuff, get there early! Bring cash since it's the only sure payment that everyone accepts, although a lot of the vendors are using square or paypal to accept credit cards now. If you're looking for a bargain, many vendors will give you a great deal Sunday afternoon because no one wants to haul a bunch of stuff home. Miss Mustard Seed and The Lucketts Store blog also both have great information about shopping at the market.

Hope to see you there!


1 comment:

  1. I need to find something like this close to my home. It sounds amazing. i'd love to see all you pieces. Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...