Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Being Part of the Lucketts Community

I had such a great time last weekend at the Lucketts Spring Market. Part of that was because I was so much more comfortable with the whole process and confident in my product than I was last year. And I had the boy with me, who was the perfect combination of hilarious, supportive, and helpful the whole time.


Despite the minimal number of items I came home with, as we drove away from Lucketts Sunday evening, I was quite sad that the experience had come to an end again. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how much I enjoy being part of the community of vendors at the Lucketts market. I love being part of a group that appreciates the coolness and history of vintage furniture and furnishings. I loved being there early Sunday morning, watching the market come alive with vendors and wandering around, talking to people and seeing what everyone had collected. There were young women my age who had done spaces with friends, women in their mid-30s with kids accompanying them, older couples working spaces together, and many different kinds of vendors in between. Each booth was a collection of history and the way people have lived for centuries, and so many vendors had different takes on how that history has evolved. I left yearning for an opportunity to be part of this community more than once a year.

This time last year, I wasn't sure I was going to Lucketts again, but I'm so glad I did. There's no doubt in my mind that I will want to do it again next year. And who knows? Maybe I'll figure out a way to be part of this wonderful group of people more often. Congrats to all the wonderful Lucketts market vendors -- I hope I get to see you all again soon!

2 comments:

  1. You said it perfectly! I love being part of a community that is passionate about the past and re-imagining these items for how we live today. Lucketts is an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad it was a great experience for you! and i love the diversity we see in this arena, too! i love the diversity in ages, and also in the designs and collections.
    also, those red chairs you took home... they would look so sweet in glossy black! drama!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...