Friday, November 16, 2012

Marble Coffee Table Obsession

I'm not sure what's gotten into me lately, but I am obsessed with finding a marble coffee table for my living room. I love the crisp, white surface, and the way it reflects light. I also like to mix textures and materials in a space, and something about natural stone gives the room a bit more interest.

From House Beautiful via 
The only problem is that marble isn't the cheapest material in the world. I've scoured craigslist and even purchased an oval table, only to reach the sad realization that it was too small for the space. Actually, it wasn't that sad since I confirmed that I do indeed love marble in that position, and now I know what kind of dimensions I'm looking for. Yay for knowing what I want! And if you're in the market for a oval marble table, let me know...

I now know that I would prefer the table to be rectangular and about the same size of our current table, which is 50" x 30". It would also be nice if it was at least 16" tall, but that's less important.

Ideally I would find a table like this gorgeous mid-century one in Caitlin Wilson's house:

Caitlin Wilson's Home via Sneak Peek on DesignSponge.com
I also really like the West Elm Y-Base table, but it's discontinued and I can tell it's too small anyway.

West Elm Y-Base Marble Coffee Table via Bryn Alexandra Interiors
I've even thought about DIY-ing a "faux marble" look with the tutorial from Gorgeous Shiny Things. But I'm just not confident or patient enough.

Faux Marble Top via Gorgeous Shiny Things
Any recommendations? I've exhausted all the options I know of!

Linked to: Miss Mustard Seed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...