Wednesday, November 7, 2012

West Elm Kitchen Art

I hope everyone was able to get their vote in yesterday! The lines were crazy, but it was refreshing to see people stick it out for hours to make their vote count. It's also exciting to vote in a state like Virginia, where even the best prognosticators weren't quite sure what would happen. My polling location was selling donuts. Supporting the 6th grade is delicious.


Anyhoo, on to today's real topic of conversation.

When it comes to art, I love framing things that aren't necessarily intended to be framed and hung on a wall. For example, I used calendar images as artwork over our sofa, and framed cardboard diner cutouts currently hang in our kitchen. Keeping that in mind, there are another two types of artwork I love:

1) Diagrams
2) Sketches of ordinary objects

So when I saw these amazing paper placemats by Cake Kitchen Paper at West Elm, I immediately wanted to frame them and hang them on the wall. Only I have no wall to hang them on. And I just bought expensive boots. So I posted a link to them on my mom's Facebook wall so should could buy them instead.

Via West Elm
Aren't they seriously cool? I love the idea of framing one of these and hanging it in your kitchen or breakfast nook. They would even look cool in a dining room. And they double as a teaching tool if you have kids. If blue isn't your thing, they also come in brown craft paper.

I did a little digging and found a few more paper tablecloths and placemats from the same line that would look great framed.

Via West Elm
Via West Elm


The tablecloth would be really cool hanging on the wall of a rustic dining room.

Do you have any alternative art sources that you like to use in your home?

Note: I wasn't paid or perked by West Elm to feature this story. I just think these items are cool and wanted to share them. Happy shopping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...