Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Song of the Day: The Original Version of a Classic

To counter yesterday's pop throwback Hanson tribute, today's song is the original version of a classic old Christmas tune. According to my brief Wikipedia research, The Christmas Song was written by Mel Tormé and Bob Wells in 1944. The song was originally performed by the Nat King Cole Trio in 1946, but we often hear Nat King Cole's 1961 version with a full orchestra on the radio. For fun (and because in order to be hip one must appreciate pop culture history), I found what I think is the original version, sans strings and still a pleasantly simple way to feel Christmassy.

The Christmas Song, Performed by the Nat King Cole Trio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...