Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Currently Loving: Fun with Old Forks and Spoons

Today, Apartment Therapy featured these ornaments made from hammered spoons, and I'm totally in love with them. After working in a Christmas store for many years, I've seen a lot of unusual ornaments, and I consider these unique and quite charming. The ornaments as well as other spoons that can be used as plant markers, gift tags, place markers, etc, are available on Etsy.

via Apartment Therapy
These spoons reminded me of a demo I had seen recently over at Brooklyn Limestone on how to make napkin rings out of old silver forks.

via Brooklyn Limestone
Now I find myself desperately trying to resist the urge to purchase a rubber mallet and the extremely affordable stamp set recommended by Mrs. Limestone. Not only do I LOVE the idea of taking something meant to be totally functional and giving it a new function that displays its beautiful design, who wouldn't have fun hammering and messing with a little metal?

Alas, this DIY project will have to wait for another day because I am up to my ears in Holiday projects and have hardly been able to find time to tell you about them (which I plan to start doing later this evening or tomorrow).

Leave a comment if you've found any other cool uses for flea market silverware, especially if it's holiday-related!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comment! I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section, so check back for my answer later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...